Thursday, January 7, 2010

Every Moment is a "Thriller" Moment!


So, let's all take a moment to appreciate the beauteous serendipity that caused Meatball Goat Zombies.

Awesome. Let's move on then.

Today in Wally's writing world we had some major events. I bought a book chock full of inspiration and writing block un-blockers. It's called The Pocket Muse. So nice that they make mythical beings in a travel size, eh?

Also, I was inspired with a giant pile of snow plowed into a corner of a parking lot and began a story about a Czechoslovakian prostitute who hates the Dutch, oh wait, no....that was just a conversation I had with Whitney. But anyway.....

I also got to hear a reading by Brian Hart, a new Idaho author. We were the first stop on his national tour. It made me realize that I need to stretch my reading bubble back towards the seriously literary. In my quest to become more of an expert on kids and teens books, I've really limited the amount of adult literature I take in. I'm a human, I cling to the familiar. If teen books are what I'm used to, that's the level I write.

Case and point: my favorite book of the year so far? The Purple Kangaroo. Which is a picture book. An amazing picture book, yes, but still. Time to rejoin adulthood for a while. So I picked up the Advance reader copy of Brady Udall's new book: The Lonely Polygamist. Hopefully that and my literature classes starting up in a couple weeks will refresh my brain.

That's it for today I'm afraid. I gouged my finger upholstering a music box yesterday and typing keeps re-opening the scab. No fun.

So, goodnight friends!

Word Count Today: 551
Word Count Total: 3411

No comments:

Post a Comment