Sunday, January 3, 2010

"it's a truckload of bricks in the soft morning light"


Frosty Fence, originally uploaded by The Waters of March.

Look! I created a flickr account today! I take my flickr screen name and the title of today's post from the lyrics of possibly my favorite jazz song (I guess technically it's bossa nova, but whatever ) "The Waters of March" or "Aquas de Marco" in the original Portugese by Antonio Carlos Jobim.
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9itLsDLXz9E )

So I had today off, I did some word-smithin' and some reading, but mostly I edited a bunch of photos, cleaned up my computer desktop, and did dishes while watching the Might Ducks. It was a day full of nostalgia. It got me thinking about all the crazy stuff that's happened this last year.

My best friend got married and moved away, my other best friend moved back to Boise and I started seeing her all the wonderful time, my other best friend turned out to be not so good a friend and isn't a best friend anymore.

My other best friend, my dog, died on February 21st at 4:30 pm. We put him down after days of heart-wrenching pain and paralysis. I cannot begin to describe the crippling emotional toll that took on me, is still taking on me. In many ways, Zuka was my oldest friend and closest confidante.

I got in my first real car accident May 28th.
I met a goal. (tmi alert!)One year of not kissing anyone. I initially made this goal because on March 17th of 2008 I kissed a stranger on the balcony of the Ha'penny Bridge Pub whilst I was a bit inebriated and caught up in the St Patrick's Day festivities. In the cold light of the 'morning after' I was a little freaked out by my behavior. I have not kissed an unreasonable amount of people in my life, but none of them have really been people that I was in love with. I decided that this had to change. That was not the person I wanted to be. So I decided then and there to distance myself from all non-platonic physical intimacy for at least a year or until I met someone that I actually cared about. It has now been 1¾ years plus some change. I still haven't kissed anyone, and I haven't wanted to.

I planned and (mostly) flawlessly executed an epic bridal shower, an EPIKK bachelorette party, and a 21st birthday party.
I and the Tight-Knit Posse became graffiti artists. EPIKKNITS is the name, yarn bombing is our game. And we play rough :P
I acquired another nephew, Matthew, nine in total now.
I went to my first professional conference/business trip. Very exciting!
I learned the pleasures of “antiquing” as a hobby.
I moved twice, including one move into my dad's house temporarily. This was the first time we have lived in the same house since I was 8. It was....hmmm....it was nice of him to let me stay there, but I wont be doing that again. We have very different lifestyles.
I played, and beat, an entire video game. This for me is like saying a blind person made a coherent painting, possible but still bizarre.
I was a maid of honor and made a toast at a wedding.
One of my best friends bought me a new computer because my friends are awesome.
And I WROTE A NOVEL IN ONE MONTH!

Few....I felt like I needed to get all of that out of my system in order to look forward. I feel sorry for you if you read all of that, but that's all I have to leave you with today.

Goodnight, friends.

Word Count Today: 544
Word Count Total: 1860

No comments:

Post a Comment