Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Two cats shy of spinsterhood


Salem, originally uploaded by The Waters of March.

As I got ready for work this morning, I was juggling multiple things in my head. For instance: I wonder what the difference in calories would be if I put Grapenuts in my yogurt instead of granola? Or: Should I wear my brown shoes or my black shoes? I suppose that depends on whether I want to wear the brown blazer of the black sweater, which means deciding clean lines and stuffy or easy-going and frumpy. Brown shoes. If I go down town to get a new library card because mine has worn out, what else can I get done while I'm down there?

oh. my. god.

My life is so boring.
Driving to work I decided that I'm about two cats and a tea cozy short of total, all-consuming spinsterhood. The rest of the day only sealed the deal for me.

*at this point, go ahead and skip to the next asterisk unless you're really bored

After work, I went to the library to get a new card and seriously got in a discussion about taxation boundaries with a librarian. After that, I bought crafting supplies. After that, I had a 20 minute discussion with an old woman about my button preferences (seriously...button preferences) and made a social visit to three old ladies that work at my favorite yarn shop.
After that I went to by specialty food for my two obnoxious rabbits. Not quite cats, thank god, I'm allergic or I would be a total cliché. I then had dinner with my dad and his wife over which we talked about how tired and busy we all were, and wouldn't it be lovely if we could all get together again for a game night.
I went home where I was supposed to be picked up by my awesome friend Nicole (of sushi burrito fame) so that we could go out to Pengilly's Saloon for $2 Tuesdays and Booze Clues.

Want to know what we did instead? Sat around discussing if we actually wanted to go or if we should just stay home and knit or go out for tea and knit. We then decided to go by ice cream and rent a movie.

So instead of meeting up with a bunch of people at a bar, I sat at home with one of my bff's cuddled under a blanket watching Paranormal Activity (the last minute and a half totally ruined it for me by the way).

This is what my life has become. Working, knitting, reading, writing, and watching movies. That's pretty much all I do. As depressing as that sounds, it's a pretty sweet life most of the time. Blogging about it makes it more obvious, I guess, how little variety there really is in my days. Maybe I'll work on that.

*IN WRITING NEWS

I bought a little pocket notebook today at work for writing down thoughts on the fly. During my craft supply run I picked up this little pocket sized pen that telescopes out to normal writing size. So I can write down my ideas whenever, wherever.
As soon as I have one worth writing that is :P

Also, I'm considering making my blog the blog of a fictional character. Or maybe a different character each day. Just as an exercise to really get into their voice, or their life. We'll see how that goes.

I've recently fallen in love with the name Arcadia York. I need to write a character worthy of that name. That's what I'm working on now. Maybe a hard core spinster....hmm...Arcadia is a GREAT name for a spinster. ...

Word Count Today: 557
Word Count Total: 2860

No comments:

Post a Comment